Southeastern Farmers Cooperative was established in 1947 as Bradley Farmers Cooperative by a progressive group of visionary farmers in need of a reliable source of quality farm inputs at a competitive price. From these humble beginnings, the Co-op has grown to a thriving business that supplies the needs of farmers throughout a trade area encompassing southeastern Tennessee, northern Georgia, and beyond.
The Co-op has expanded its reach through expansions and consolidations. It added a branch store in Lafayette, Ga., in 1996 , purchasing a former Gold Kist cooperative location. Bradley Farmers merged with Bledsoe-Rhea Farmers Co-op to become Bradley-Bledsoe Farmers Co-op in 2002. The name Southeastern Farmers Cooperative was selected by the board of directors and bylaws were amended to reflect this new direction in 2008, as the cooperative continued to blend its operations and worked to expand its trade area.
Southeastern Farmers Cooperative is governed by a seven-member board of directors elected by its membership. This board sets policy and employs a manager to oversee the day-to-day business of the Co-op.
Southeastern Farmers Co-op has three locations. The corporate office and main store are located at 2615 Blue Springs Road in Cleveland, Tenn., with branch stores at 105 W. McCarter Road in Lafayette, Ga. and 41448 SR30 in Pikeville, Tenn.